Be sure to mark your calendar for the 2015 Lake Lanier Association Annual Meeting. We have made some changes to the format of the meeting and are very excited about the event this year!
- Saturday late afternoon event at Port Royale Marina
- Drive by car, or by boat. If by boat, park at the courtesy dock at Port Royale and walk up to the meeting.
- The Lanier Crappie Anglers Club will be doing a FISH FRY as heavy hors d’oeuvres for us. This is a really yummy way to experience Lake Lanier!
- 4:00PM-5:00PM will be a social hour and lake based vendor expo*. Cash bar will be available. Door prizes will be given away! You must be there by 4:30PM to get a door prize ticket.
- 5:00PM-6:00PM food will be served and the official meeting will take place. The meeting agenda will include updates on the different lake based programs and services from the LLA.
- After the meeting is over, you are welcome to walk down to Pelican Pete’s restaurant to hear live music and enjoy food or beverage.
- There is no charge for Lake Lanier Association members to attend this event. Non-members are welcome to attend and encouraged to join the LLA at the meeting.
*Current Lake Lanier Association business members are welcome to participate in the vendor expo at no charge, but you must RSVP to participate in the vendor expo. Send us an email at email@example.com if you would like to be an exhibitor at the vendor expo.
In the past we have taken advantage of having hundreds of our members in attendance and offered educational seminars on topics such as landscaping with native plants for lake-front properties with master gardener Pam Keene, Lake Lanier fishing techniques with professional fishing guide Ken Studivant, and boating safety with U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Public Education office Mike Atkinson. Some of our State Congressmen have joined us and addressed the group, as well.
LLA has enjoyed esteemed speakers in the past, such as Major General Todd T. Semonite, Commander, South Atlantic Division, US Army Corps of Engineers. As the guest speaker, he addressed issues related to the Apalachicola Chattahoochee Flint River basin (ACF) and to Lake Lanier’s water levels.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our Annual Meeting and sharing valuable information.