- The Lake Lanier Association will hold the 23rd Annual Shore Sweep on Saturday, September 24, 2011 at thirteen locations around the Lake Lanier.
The Shore Sweep event on Lake Lanier will take place from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m., and volunteers may pick up trash bags to collect trash from the shoreline at the locations on the lake listed below. Trash may be taken to these locations with the exception of Lake Lanier Islands where volunteers may enter at no charge through the main gate to collect trash.
Advance registration for the event is NOT required, but it does help us in scheduling shoreline coverage. If you would like to notify us of your plans to participate, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Dawson County
- War Hill Park
- Forsyth County
- Bald Ridge Marina
- Habersham Marina
- Port Royale Marina
- Lanier Harbor Marina
- Hall County
- Aqualand Marina
- Clarks Bridge Park
- Gainesville Marina
- Hideaway Bay Marina
- Holiday Marina
- Lake Lanier Islands
- Lazy Days Marina
- Sunrise Cove Marina
For Shore Sweep this year, in addition to our day-of-event locations–all marinas, Lake Lanier Islands, Clarks Bridge, and War Hill Parks–we also have eight advance drop off locations around the lake. The advance locations are open now through Friday evening. You can go ahead and bring bagged trash or large items and leave them at one of these locations. We have barges scheduled to pick up at all these locations on Saturday morning for removal. Especially if you are not available to help with Shore Sweep next Saturday, bringing items to the advance locations during the week is a great way to contribute to this event even if your schedule won’t allow you to be there on that day.
For the advance locations, THEY ONLY ACCEPT TRASH WHILE THE SHORE SWEEP SIGNS ARE IN PLACE. Please DO NOT bring trash to these locations other times of the year. Below is the list of advance locations. If you bring trash to any of these locations, please look for the signs posted and leave the debris close to the signs.
The lake map coordinates are from the Atlantic Mapping Recreation and Fishing Guide for Lake Lanier.
- Map coordinate J-12, buoy marker 1SM, beach at Shady Grove Park
- Map coordinate H-7, Beaver Ruin Road shoreline area
- Map coordinate N-4, Lanier Harbor Marina
- Map coordinate N-9, buoy 14, Gaines Ferry Islands
- Map coordinate L-18, buoy 33, Keith’s Bridge Island
- Map coordinate M-24, Old Dawsonville Highway road bed near DNR regional office and Martin Docks
- Map coordinate M-28, buoy 2WC, unnamed island
- Map coordinate D-21, buoy 21C, Nix Island
Shore Sweep itself takes place Saturday, September 24th starting at 8:00AM and ending at 1:00PM. We’ve got a lot of exposed shoreline this year so we hope to get a significant amount of debris out of the lake!