We're Hiring ~ Join the LLA Team!
LLA Now Seeking Applications for Communications and Membership Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to join LLA’s team in a position that will help expand LLA’s communications, presence, and membership outreach. The Communications and Membership Coordinator will be directly managed by the Executive Director and will work closely with the Board of Directors, volunteers and members and be a non-voting member of the Membership Committee.
LLA is seeking an individual with a unique skill set to create an effective membership experience through membership retention, renewal, and recruitment process and through the ability to create effective marketing and communication materials.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, self-starting, professional, organized, and creative with education and work experience relating to outreach and communications, marketing and/or membership/volunteer engagement to serve in this role. The Communications and Membership Coordinator should have the experience and ability to manage multiple projects, create marketing and outreach materials for multiple mediums and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to quickly and effectively utilize technology to accomplish these tasks.
The Communications and Membership Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties assigned, self-initiated and through group collaboration:
- Design and create communications, marketing, and outreach materials to effectively communicate LLA’s work. This includes – quarterly newsletters, monthly emails, brochures, etc.
- Creating content and manage LLA’s social media accounts and website.
- Create automated work processes for member communications and build on outreach tactics to expand organizational reach.
- Maintains and manages the integrity and accuracy of the membership database. (Log member information, keep contact lists up to date, complete member mailings, process member payments, etc.)
- Receives mail, answers phone calls and emails regarding membership and general inquiries. Ability to take accurate and detailed notes. Must have a customer service orientation.
- Support membership and volunteer initiatives through project leadership, event planning and organization. Including helping with and attending: Annual Member Celebration, Boat Shows and Shore Sweep.
- Involve, engage, and manage volunteers in various programs, current and new.
- Create and analyze monthly membership and communication reports (presented at monthly Board Meetings), and other reporting as necessary and as assigned.
- Perform general administrative and office duties in support and at the request of the Executive Director. (Take Board Meeting minutes, order and pick-up office supplies, light clean-up, task completion and follow-up, etc.)
- Support the on-lake initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of non-profit work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience or training in marketing, design and/or content creation is preferred.
- Self-starting and close attention to details, the ability to complete multiple projects at once.
- Excellent organizational, public speaking, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and experience utilizing multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and YouTube). Ability to effectively source content and create original content.
- Firsthand familiarity with Lake Lanier, non-profit organizations or boating knowledge preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines delivering measurable results and a quality product.
- Ability to think strategically, open-mindedly, and create and accept change when necessary.
- Flexibility with schedules and job responsibilities.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License
The Communications and Membership Coordinator must have experience or ability to learn how to utilize Constant Contact, WordPress, Canva Pro, Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe line of products, Donor CRM platform and Zoom.
HANDS ON POSITION:
Lifting up to 50lbs required for office receiving, meeting set-up/teardown, etc.
$20-24 an hour, 30-40 hours a week. Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Some nights and weekends will be required depending on the planned schedule of events.
This is primarily an in-office work environment with some work from home opportunities. Occasional opportunity for community engagement and events out-of-office. Schedule to be set/approved by the Executive Director.
We offer a cell phone stipend, mileage reimbursement and comp-time when applicable.
PAID TIME OFF:
Accrue a maximum of 10 Paid Time Off (PTO) days annually. Additionally, eight days of PTO Holidays to include: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve.
Candidates that make it to the second-round interviews will be asked to provide samples of previous writing and design work, as well as three references. LLA will also provide current schedule of events to these candidates for consideration.
A background check and references will be required for final candidates.
Lake Lanier Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or gender.
Please email cover letters and resumes to: [email protected]
TARGET START DATE: